Domain Authority (DA) is one of the most important factors that determine a website’s ranking in search engines. It reflects how authoritative a domain name or website is based on its number and quality of backlinks from other websites.
Table of Contents
Tools for DA and PA
The higher your DA, the higher your chances are for better rankings and increased web traffic. That’s why site owners must keep track of their DA score and make sure they’re doing everything possible to increase it. Fortunately, there are several great tools you can use to check your Domain Authority score:
- MozBar: This free Chrome extension provides instant insights into any page’s SEO metrics, including Domain Authority. Simply install MozBar, then hover over the PageRank icon next to the address bar to see a breakdown of all key SEO metrics for the current page. You can also use MozBar to research competitor pages and spy on their link profiles!
- Contconcord: This tool offers a free Domain Authority checker (https://contconcord.com/domain-authority-checker), as well as a Page Authority Checker. Simply enter the URL you want to check and Contconcord will generate a detailed report against that link.
Tips for Improvement
Now that you know how to check your DA score, what can you do to improve it? Here are some tips:
- Build high-quality links: The more quality links your site has, the higher its Domain Authority score will be. Sites like Moz rank domains based on their link profiles, so developing strong backlinks is essential for increasing your DA score. Ways of building high-quality links include guest posting on reputable sites, participating in online directories/marketplaces, and contributing content to popular blogs and forums in your niche.
- Optimize your website content: Well-written and keyword-rich content is another factor that contributes to a high Domain Authority score. Make sure all of your web pages are properly optimized for search engines by using keywords throughout the text (including in the title tags), adding Meta descriptions and alt image tags, etc.
- Monitor competitor websites: Keep an eye on what techniques competitors are using to boost their Domain Authorities scores – then try to emulate them!