As you grow older, you will notice that you will have issues such as your skin wrinkling and having problems with your skin become drier, you will realize that these are the signs of your skin ageing and battling skin ageing is difficult. With age, it is normal that your skin will start to look a different way than it used to before and this is a regular thing to deal with as it is a part of nature.
However, the concerning part arises where there is no way in which premature ageing can be agreed with, as that is not natural and happens out of other reasons such as stress or other scenarios. Medically, such ageing is known as ‘extrinsic ageing’ of the skin. However, by some simple ways and methods, this way can be reduced naturally.
Ways in which you can reduce premature skin aging
- Protect your skin from the sun no matter what- Whether spending out or running errands, protection from sun is essential. You can protect your skin by getting shade, covering it up with clothing, or using sunscreen that has SPF 30 or higher and is water-resistant. You should apply sunscreen every day to all skin regardless of whether it is covered or not.
- Apply self-tanner rather than getting a tan- Every time you get artificial tans, you prematurely age your skin, unknowingly. This holds true when you get a tan from the sun, any tanning bed, or other tanning equipment. All of these emit harmful UV rays that will accelerate how quickly your skin ages.
- Avoiding same facial expressions- When you make any facial expressions, you move the underlying muscles. When you repeatedly contract the same muscles for long, these lines of muscles become permanent. Wearing sunglasses can help reduce lines from squinting.
- Always eat a healthy and well-balanced diet-Several studies suggest that eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables may help prevent damages that cause premature aging of the skin. Test from research studies also suggest that a diet containing lots of sugar or other refined carbohydrates can increase aging.
- Exercising 4 times a week-Several few studies suggest that moderate exercise can improve circulation and boost the immune system. This may also give the skin a more youthful appearance.
- Cleanse your skin very gently- Scrubbing your skin roughly can irritate your skin. Irritating your skin also goes to skin aging. Gentle washing helps to remove pollution, makeup, and other substances without risking your skin.
- Wash the face twice a day and after sweating heavily-Sweating, especially when wearing a hat or helmet, always irritates the skin, so you should wash your skin as soon as possible after sweating.
- Apply a moisturizer every day- Moisturizer hydrates the skin. Medik8 has proper moisturizers that retain water in the skin. For the full range of Medik8 skin care products – visit your Medik8 Skin Care Stockiest in Australia – The Skin Care Clinic.
- Don’t use skin care products that sting or burn- When your skin burns or stings, it means your skin is irritated and this can lead to your skin looking older.